JOSHUA’S FRIENDS CREATION-DESIGN MODELS OF CARE CREATE ENVIRONMENTS THAT MEANINGFULLY MEET THE FELT NEEDS OF FAMILIES
Joshua’s Friends is about creating support and awareness about life disabled (currently 1 in 4 families in the US have a family member living in their home with some kind of disability) through our activities and resources; empowering people with disabilities and life challenging issues by delivering our unique Creation-Design Models of Care and Family Support System.
Our Creation-Design Model of Care and Family Support System is a person-centered approach, engaging families with an inclusive experience that fosters innovative solutions meeting the felt needs of each family member. Families actively participating in the Joshua’s Friends Family Support System routinely experience our Creation-Design Model of Care. Any or all of the seven unique Family Supports meet families where they are, at their particular point of need, empowering them to discover their family’s purpose and practice their passion, thus, living beyond disabilities and challenging life issues!
- Joshua’s Java House: The Joshua Java House and Community Life Dream Center are the ultimate fulfillment of our Vision at Joshua’s Friends for Exceptional Families, Inc. From The Java House and Dream Center, we will be able to fully implement our uniquely designed family support systems of care.
- MwM Behavioral Interventions: For Children With Challenging Behaviors: A systematic, user friendly parenting approach that positively influences behavior change in the most maladaptive difficult interactions. Developed by our very own Dr. T James Kimble, the MwM system is based on 26 years of best practices and effectively reshapes and extinguishes even the most difficult behaviors.
- Your Best Life Now Counseling: A family counseling experience that meets counselees where they are with clinical/pastoral methodologies equipping them with an eclectic approach that intrinsically fosters positive life changes.
- Influencer’s Cafe: Influencer’s Cafe is a coffee shop based peer to peer networking group that offers trauma-informed systems of care, for adults addressing all kinds of challenging life issues.
- Ice Cream Reading Cafe: Joshua’s Friends has created Ice Cream Reading Cafe to provide elementary students a dynamically engaging reading experience that’s proven to reinforce basic reading skills. Welcome to “Ice Cream Reading Cafe”, now there is a place where every student can come and discover the skills to decode the English language and learn to love reading. We also serve a cup of ice cream to each student after the lesson.
- Blaze “beyond the box” Baseball: An outside-the-box baseball team that is all inclusive for individuals with disabilities with no “outs” or “strikes” having total flexibility when needed allowing everyone to be able to play and enjoy the game.
- Living and Leading by Design: Living and Leading by Design is an ongoing work approaching challenging life issues from a very pragmatic family friendly position; providing a transformational model for families facing disabilities and traumatic life issues.